Nowadays, electric vehicles are modern transportation and bring optimal benefits to users. But not all users know how to charge batteries properly, safely and prolong the life of electric vehicle batteries/battery. In the article below, Thai Hung will help you learn about standard battery charging and ensure safety when using electric vehicles.
- Time to charge electric vehicle batteries/batteries.
When the electric vehicle battery / battery has about 2 bars or about 30% remaining, you should stop moving and proceed to charge the battery. If you continue to move in such a condition, the battery will quickly deplete its energy reserves and disrupt your route. If this situation is repeated too many times, the battery will quickly become corky and swollen.
2. Battery/battery charging time.
For newly purchased electric vehicles, you should charge them for about 10 hours the first time so the battery can store more electrical energy. Then you should follow the manufacturer’s regulations on the time it takes to fully charge the battery.
You should not charge the battery/battery overnight, because currently electric vehicle chargers do not have an automatic shut-off mode when the battery is fully charged, causing unsafety.
- Pay attention when charging batteries/battery for electric vehicles:
- Check the charging location: Move your electric vehicle to a convenient charging location. The electric vehicle battery charging location must ensure that the electrical outlet, charger, electric vehicle/battery is dry, or not in close contact with places generating high heat sources to avoid electrical short circuits causing fire and explosion, making it unsafe for yourself and your area.
- Turn off the car before charging. The vehicle should only be used when the battery is 100% charged and the charger has been unplugged from the electrical outlet. Avoid unplugging the charger before it is fully charged, because if this situation is repeated many times, it will quickly damage the battery.
- Let the car cool before charging: When you first get home, you should let the car idle for about 30 minutes. Check that the engine and battery are completely cool before plugging in the charger. This will help prolong the life of the battery.
- Keep out of reach of children when charging electric vehicles.
- You should use the genuine charger that comes with the electric vehicle: Each electric vehicle model will have a charger included. If you use a non-genuine charger or an incorrect charger for an electric vehicle, there may be a difference in power source or difference in contact. Thus, when used, the battery’s ability to store electricity is reduced many times. If you use a charger with a larger charging current, it will cause a virtual full battery situation, leading to rapid battery damage and battery wear.
- Charging directly on the electric vehicle: You should plug the charger into the electric vehicle first, then plug the plug into the electrical outlet to avoid electric shock, causing fire and explosion.
- If you remove the battery to charge, do not shake the battery while charging, and do not turn the battery upside down.
- When fully charging the battery/electric vehicle battery, you should unplug the charger, because charging for too long will accelerate the battery’s heating process and quickly cause the battery to swell and dry.
- During the process of charging the electric vehicle, if there is smoke, an odor, or the charger or battery/battery becomes hot, unplug the charger immediately to avoid the risk of fire and explosion.
- When not using an electric vehicle for a long time, be sure to regularly check and charge the battery/battery. Avoid the situation where the energy stored in the battery is depleted, leading to the battery being damaged.
Currently, Thai Binh Hung Thinh Joint Stock Company has been manufacturing and assembling models of sightseeing electric cars, tourist electric cars, local electric cars, golf course electric cars, and cargo electric cars to ensure quality and standards. Safe to use.
With the information shared on Thai Hung electric vehicles, we hope to help you solve your questions about charging electric vehicles. Wishing you great experiences, happy journeys, and safe routes with your “darling driver”.
JOIN THAI HUNG ELECTRIC CAR TOWARD USE OF GREEN – CLEAN – SAFE ENERGY.
For further information, please contact:
Thai Binh Hung Thinh Joint Stock Company
Representative office: Floor 19, Tower 1, Capital Place Building, 29 Lieu Giai Ward, Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Factory: 266, Tran Hung Dao, An Bai town, Quynh Phu district, Thai Binh province
Website : http.vn
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline : 0374219889 – 0912301398